There are several ways to get to our office located in Coldfoot, Alaska. You can drive yourself, take a shuttle, or fly in a small commercial plane.
Coyote Air Office
The only road access to the Coyote Air office in Coldfoot is via the Elliot, then James Dalton Highway. The road is mostly paved with some sections of gravel. It is common in the summertime to encounter road construction delays along the road, so it is wise to check the state of Alaska website.
Coldfoot, Alaska is is located at mile 175 of the James Dalton Highway, which is about 250 miles north of Fairbanks. It takes approximately five to six hours when traveling in a vehicle. Our office is located at the Coldfoot Airport runway, just across from the Coldfoot Camp truck stop/gas station/restaurant. From Fairbanks take the Elliot Highway to the Dalton Highway. When entering Coldfoot, look for a small blue “coyote air” sign. Take your first left past that sign and drive to the end of the road. Long-term parking is available.
Driving or Vehicle rental
- Alaska Auto Rental : (907) 457-7368 Renting cars for driving up the Dalton Highway
- Arctic Outfitters: (907) 474-3530 Renting Cars for driving up the Dalton Highway
- Go North Alaska : (907) 479-7272 Renting pickups with campers and cars for driving up the Dalton Highway
For the latest Dalton Highway road conditions visit Alaska DOT Website
If you don’t want to drive, there are a few shuttle options.
- The Dalton Highway Express: 907-474-3555 (shuttle bus service)
- Horst Expediting: 907-378-7086 (Transportation of groups and expediting freight for trips).
- Charlie Jagow Van charter service (907) 699-7801 or Charliejagow@yahoo.com
There is limited flight service from Fairbanks to Coldfoot. Weather can sometimes be a limiting factor.
- Air Arctic: 907-474-3550
- Wrights Air Service: 907-474-0502
- Everts Air Service: 907-450-2323
where to stay in fairbanks
Brenda and Garrets Yurt
Located out Chena Hot Springs Road is a quiet place to escape Fairbanks.
- 907 687-7737
- Yurt “Adult Tree House”
- Coming soon
where to stay in Coldfoot
Arctic Getaway B&B
Other options in/near Coldfoot
Keep in mind that there are no groceries or alcoholic beverages for sale in Coldfoot or Wiseman. The restaurant at Coldfoot Camp is the only place to buy a meal, and they do have a bar where you can have a glass of beer or wine.
- Boreal Lodging (907-678-4566) is another option in Wiseman.
- Coldfoot Camp (907-474-3500) offers clean and basic accommodations along with a cafe/restaurant. Located just across from the Coyote Office in Coldfoot.
- Marion Creek Campground: for those that want to camp or are driving an RV, the only campground in the area is just a short drive from our office.