GETTING TO COYOTE AIR
Coyote air office at the airport runway in Coldfoot, Alaska.
The Coyote Air office is located at the Coldfoot airport runway, just a across the Dalton highway from Coldfoot Camp truck stop/gas station/restaurant. There is a small blue “coyote air” sign along the Dalton Highway when entering Coldfoot, take your first left past that sign and drive to the end of the road. Long term parking is available.
Coldfoot, Alaska is is located at mile 175 of the James Dalton Highway, which is about 250 miles north of Fairbanks. It’s takes approximately five to six hours when traveling in a vehicle. The Dalton Highway Express offers access by road, and a few air services provide flights from Fairbanks to Coldfoot.
- Charlie Jagow Van charter service (907) 699-7801 or Charliejagow@yahoo.com
- The Dalton Highway Express: 907-474-3555 (Bus service)
- Horst Expediting: 907-378-7086 (Transportation of groups and expediting freight for trips).
- Alaska Auto Rental : (907) 457-7368 Renting cars for driving up the Dalton Highway
- Arctic Outfitters: (907) 474-3530 Renting Cars for driving up the Dalton Highway
- Go North Alaska : (907) 479-7272 Renting pickups with campers and cars for driving up the Dalton Highway
For the latest Dalton Highway road conditions visit Alaska DOT Website
WHERE TO STAY IN FAIRBANKS
- Spacious 6 bedroom, 4 bathroom, luxury and affordable. Amazing aurora viewing. House2700 sq. ft.
Min Stay: 2 – 5 nights
- Nottingham Upstairs (upstairs of a two story house)
- Nottingham Downstairs (downstairs of a two story house)
- Nottingham House (Full two story house)
Brenda and Garrets Yurt
Located out Chena Hot Springs Road is a quite place to escape Fairbanks. 907 687-7737
WHERE TO STAY IN COLDFOOT
- Arctic Getaway Bed and Breakfast (907-678-4456) gets great reviews from guests. Located about 15 miles north of Coldfoot in the quaint old mining town of Wiseman, Alaska. Berni and Uta are great host and have a wonderful place to stay. Its our favorite
- Boreal Lodging (907-678-4566) is another option in Wiseman.
- Coldfoot Camp (907-474-3500) offers clean and basic accommodations along with a cafe/restaurant.
- Marion Creek Campground: for those that want to camp or are driving and RV
- Keep in mind that there are no groceries or alcoholic beverages for sale in Coldfoot or Wiseman. The restaurant at Coldfoot Camp is the only place to buy a meal and they do have bar where you can have a glass of beer or wine..